Monday 14 September 2015

16-32-64 thirty-nine

Fatigue, tiredness, lethargy. Exhaustion, feebleness, languor.

Weariness.

It's been a day mostly spent in bed, once I'd dragged myself back from the hospital. A very odd appointment too - what I thought was primary tumour recurrence turns out to be first signs of lymphodema. What he thought was diabetes caused by steroids, wasn't. What I thought was oral thrush isn't. The stretch marks I thought were caused by Kadcyla is actually because of the steroids... Side effects fun goes on and on!

And now I have them in a lower dose, and need to come off them asap.

And I had bloods taken, did a pee test for the glucose and changed appointments around... So I was there for nearly three hours and slept for four when I got home. My eating is up the wall because if I go without for a few hours I feel terribly sick... But coming off the steroids has left me with little appetite. I can eat, just with little pleasure or gusto.

Had a fab time with my brother, the sister-in-law and the nearly-one-tear-old TJ. He's an incredibly happy child and such a pleasure to be around. The journey was long in both directions but I managed to nap which helped. I felt normal for a couple of days - I wish it had lasted longer really.

Much more to tell you, too fuzzy-headed to make much sense of my thoughts. Another day. There's always another day. Well, for now.

This lady says it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment