Friday 26 June 2015

16-32-64 four

Feeling 64 today - grumpy old lady who can't be bothered to go out, and feels like going to bed at 9pm.

Couch shopping for my Pops finished successfully yesterday with an impressive spend of over £4000 for the most beautiful, large and comfy couch I think I've ever flumped into. And flump I did - that first sit is absolutely essential and damn, it's a good couch. Thanks to the air-conditioning in both Furniture Village (where we finally settled on white leather, despite originally seeking red fabric!) plus ikea over the road for a few other bits, I survived the day well.

Overall though, I've been struggling this week with the heat and reduction of steroids to alternating days - can only hope that things continue to improve in the way they (very slowly) are. I missed group on Tuesday simply because it looked likely I was going to be the only one there - and I'd woken up with the yucks. With each passing pair of days (steroids on, steroids off), things improve as my body gets acclimatised to less of the drug in my system. It's incredible how much of an effect even the lowest dose has!

Ikea was good too, we missed out on the meatballs on this occasion and went pretty much straight to market place once we had a couple of details so the whole visit was pretty much in-and-out. This is the reason I went though - there's now a glass top available for my long white cabinet and I placed it this afternoon with some of my favourite instagram pictures from the past year. Looks brilliant - and I intend to change and update regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment