Tuesday 30 June 2015

16-32-64 nine


Update on the Flickr photography project today, because I'm stuck home with this mini-heat-wave (panic panic! it's warm in June! Get the papers alerting everyone QUICK!) and cancelled going to group because the possibility of 34' in the centre of town was too much.

So yes, I may seem 64 and like a little old lady everyone worries about when the weather is too warm, but actually I feel good. I'm extraordinarily lucky to live in a ground floor garden flat, which is cool whatever happens. The steroids are back in my system and if it wasn't so hot out there I'd be out & about. But no thanks, bad enough that I have no choice tomorrow - chemo day. And possibly rounders match with some of my colleagues; but we'll see how the first half of the day goes!

Anyway, the update:
Total - 2,425
Undated - 573

The total would be a lot higher but I've been finding so many duplicates, it seems to be two in, one out at the moment!

Most years in the last thirty have something in them in the Camera Roll feature now - sadly that's not viewable unless you're logged in, which is a shame as it's my favourite was to view - by date. I have 2015 right back to 1993 covered, and then just a few years without - 1992 and 1991, 1985 and 1982 - and then the gaps become a bit more common. I think once the remaining 500 are dated, this will fill in nicely.

Mum and I dated about a dozen yesterday - it's laborious but she enjoys it enough to do a small batch at a time, and there are some I can do alone; although not many left I admit. I'll have to spend some time with my Pops as well; lots of further-back photos that I really adore, such as his grandfather who ran a milk float by horse and carriage, and my dad used to go along when he was a boy.

I'm useless at guessing ages and usually get a couple of years in the wrong direction - doesn't help being the youngest and therefore very few of these memories are mine. I've got two piles left of my own to do and then I can start on the four very large old-fashioned photo albums she gave me last night to start on. Good thing I'm still loving this!






EDIT: Oh I have to add one more - this is a certificate my grandmother received in 1935. 

"Patron - His Majesty the King"



No comments:

Post a Comment