Monday 22 June 2015

16-32-64 three


I'm curled up under my quilt hiding away today - underslept and overtired, so grumpy having to travel as a commuter this morning to an early appointment, which left me knackered. Caught in the ridiculous rain on the way home. I'm sixteen today, hiding from the world.

A pair of memories for you today.

This came to me about a week ago and I can't shift it - I'm hoping sharing it will get it out of the forefront of my brain and release it back into the wild.

I play a lot of Tetris on my various phones, and I remember late in the relationship Will watching me with increasing irritation and telling me I wasn't playing logically. I wasn't thinking about when the gap was on the next line, I was covering it and just playing randomly. He was annoyed not only because of this, but I could tell embarrassed in case someone else saw, and that I wasn't smart enough to play 'correctly'.

This was the first time I knew you could love someone without liking them very much - that was how he felt about me.

He wasn't all bad, I know that's a sad example and that I should have left long before I got so unhappy. I still have wonderful memories too - one of which is when we got 'the kitten' Diesel (now known as Deebs) who is now past five and still known as the kitten.

When we first got Deebs, he couldn't get onto the bed, but you would know he was around because she would grumble at him from above. We took to calling him "the ghost" for a while as her whine made it sound like the 'wooo!' you make for children!

Reminiscing over a relationship ended over four and a half years ago - told you I'm like a teenager today.

1 comment:

  1. I so get that about the tetris, why do we have to prove we are smart all the time. You are smart, anyone with half a brain knows that xxxx. His problem not yours Vicky

    ReplyDelete