Sunday 9 August 2015

16-32-64 thirty-one


Beautiful meal or with E&A last night to celebrate us girl's birthdays. Mine is now just a week away and hers was at the end of July, and we were lucky to get a Saturday evening A's parents were able to do babysitting duty so we could go to Sea Salt, Beckenham. I'll add a link here later on.

Lovely food there, really nice quiet atmosphere and we chattered contentedly in the corner over very fine cocktails and piles of food for three hours. That's what I need right now; great company, nice and quiet.

Really liking Under The Dome TV show at the moment and making my way through it at a clipper - the second series has gotten a little odd (as I was warned) and apparently the third gets silly... But it's based on a Stephen King novel, so I'm ready for anything. E wants me to go back and finish Humans because it got better, and A had a couple of recommendations too - must ask him to remind me.

Remember I said I was like a little old lady frightened of my TV when it first arrived? I feel like I've got the hang of it now and am quite pleased. My Firestick had gone to my dad (as the TV made it obsolete) and the switch from Netflix to Amazon Prime is official tomorrow.

Off out shortly to Homebase for masonry nails to put up trellis in the garden and do a few other things with gardener aunt - tired, but chipper at 32 (almost!) today.

Lastly; rather wonderfully, there was a guy busking with an electric guitar outside the local M&S Food at 11.30pm last night. Beckenham is a little village-y type place most of the time -  we have our local book shop, a sausage shop, lots of cafés... It's not Covent Garden!! and yet this just really finished off my evening with a grin. If the drunk idiots bar-hopping on Saturday nights want to dance and donate to this entrepreneur, I'm all for it!

As long as he doesn't bring the silver painted people next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment