Saturday 1 August 2015

16-32-64 twenty-five


Today the girls and I decided I need to try the following meats as I've never gotten around to tasting them, and I do so love being carnivorous:
partridge

pheasant
venison
rabbit
kangaroo
crocodile or alligator
ostrich

The last three I think I've eaten in Aussie-themed bar/restaurants in the past - but I don't think it really counts when you've had it in a burger cooked by a teenager.

A few less common things I have tasted in the past include octopus, shark and lobster; goat curry, four kinds of Argentinian steak (we love Gaucho), cactus and a variety of fish raw (as I'm a sushi fan). I had a full roast dinner in a sundae glass at Meat Mission once, and I'm a big fan of snails. Or anything cooked in garlic butter really. But I do enjoy snails for what they are as well.

Oh, and haggis - which I don't really count as it... never settled in my stomach. Never again.

Top of my food list at the moment is poutine (French Canadian gravy chips & cheese curd) - a little research seems to show the best place to go in London is The Poutinerie stall near Brick Lane on a Sunday - so I guess that's next weekend sorted.

Ooooh and wandering the web, this place looks interesting; Archipelago "serving crocodile, wildebeest, garlic crickets and scorpion" - I'll have to add that to my pintrest board of restaurants to visit. I've had to separate it from my existing "amazing food places" to keep track of where I have and haven't been. I love my food, can you tell?

I was going to talk about my lovely day eating noodles and brownies and gossiping; but that's pretty much my life now and nothing unusual. Chatting with my dad this morning; I haven't found my 'new normal' since my diagnosis (despite it being a full 19 months ago) but I have found ways to 'keep busy' and I appear to have turned into a 'lady what lunches'. Things have changed too much and too rapidly to settle into a pattern, but I hope to get there. I hope to find one for my 'lifestyle' in the way that I have for treatment. But as ever, treatment could change at the next set of scans (or sooner) so how do I even begin to settle?

Lastly - oh! pain. My hand went into spasm earlier and I had to get P to wrench my thumb straight while I held the rest of the fingers down. I need to chase the GP about that Gabapentin prescription, as this isn't a funny tingling or occasional cramp any more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment