Saturday 1 August 2015

16-32-64 twenty-four


I've just posted what has been a draft entry for about two weeks now - originally written 17th July. My dad has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and we're all still trying to get used to - and work out how best to share - the news. It's been an interesting couple of weeks, but he feels like an okay time to share past the first 'concentric circle' of immediate family, so I'm able to share here.

I love the theory of concentric circles of support - it's something we talk about often and had really become important with the last two years. It's not just a case of "knowing who your friends are" but much more those you could ring in the middle of the night. That would cancel a date night to sit and eat pizza with you. That would cook your favourite meal and not complain of you couldn't eat it. 

There aren't many of those in my life - I'm sure not many in anyone's to be honest. It's good to consider these things though, as it makes you more grateful.

I'm on my way to meet Pip and Jacqueline - the latter of which has blog Brainweasel. These are people I can be tired with; I can be honest with, and still enjoy lunch and cake without feeling guilty!

No comments:

Post a Comment